You’re not just a mum; we’re all human being with varying personal wants and needs. We all have certain needs to be met in order to function happily and healthily. Everyone has 6 human needs that have a huge impact on the way we live our lives. Knowing these needs can help us understand our own motivations, and how to drive change in order to feel fulfilled. Tony Robbins explains the 6 humans needs:
- Certainty and comfort: Assurance of safety is important for basic survival. Comfort can be found through feelings of control, familiarity and pleasure.
- Uncertainty and variety: Unpredictability can be fun and exciting, adding new thoughts and feelings to your life.
- Significance: We all love feeling important, special, valued or unique. It’s also, about having a purpose and being recognised for your worth.
- Love and connection: Love is the oxygen of the soul. Feeling a sense of closeness and unity to someone or something is a fundamental part of life.
- Growth: It’s all about the journey! Personal and spiritual growth happens when we challenge and expand our comfort and capabilities.
- Contribution: Life is about creating meaning. Giving to others and the world around you is not only a great thing to do, but it also enhances your personal experiences too.
Every behavior we do can be explained due to these needs. At times, people will sacrifice their personal values in order to meet a need. Examples of this include self-sabotaging behavior and addiction. Understanding why those behaviors can occur can make it easier to intercept them and replace them with positive behavior.
How can a Mums’ Revive Retreat help?
The Mums’ Revive Retreat is packed with rewarding interactions that help to meet all those unmet needs! The retreat gives you a place to leave behind any unmet needs or negative behaviors, and go back to your core values. All 6 needs will be met in different ways:
1. Certainty and comfort: Gain pleasure through pampering, relaxation, good food and time for yourself.
2. Uncertainty: New faces and places add variety to your regular routine and give you an exciting and fun experience.
3. Significance: Show yourself and your family how much you value yourself when you say yes and invest in a retreat!
4. Connection: The inviting environment and shared activities create the ideal place for connections to flow.5. Personal growth: Retreat coaching sessions and mindfulness activities like Yoga Nidra help you look after your health and manage stress and provide you with new strategies to add to your toolbox when you return home. This break will leave you feeling energised and more focused on what is really important in your life!
6. Contribution: By listening to others on the retreat you’re giving them the space to share things, contributing to better well-being for others (and you!).
The Mums’ Revive Retreat is there for you to get in control over your unmet needs! If you feel ready to do something for yourself and connect with like-minded mums, now’s your chance to book your place.
Which human need is not being met for you? Let me know in the comments!